Friday, November 28, 2008

HSG day

I headed home from work today at 12.00, armed with my bottle of water.

By the time I got home to shower, I was quite prepared to wet my pants already
I took a naprogesic and a voltaren as instructed, and continued to fill my bladder to expoding point.
I didn't have to wait to long, and was happy that dp could come in with me to hold my hand.
I started with the regular transabdominal u/s to get some measurements of the outside of my uterus.
She checked where both my ovaries were, and this prompted me to discuss with her my concerns with my left ovary.
After the d&c the Dr believed I may have had an infection in my left ovary based on the excessive pain I was having constantly. Ovualtion was a killer the next month. Subsequently I fell pregnant that cycle, and as we all know, it ened up being inside the left ovary.
I mentioned to her that I was having a lot of pain again at the beginning of my cycle and that I thought it was the maturing eggs pushing on some scarring or aomething like that? And that I have been spotting at ovulation also. I honestly thought she would say to bring it up with the dr (which I had planned on doing on Tuesday).
To my surprise, she said 'well go empty that bladder and we'll do a thorough 3d scan of your ovaries for you Dr also'.!!!! woohoo, I love people that get things done :)
Peeing was wonderful , and I went back for my transvaginal u/s.
My uterus looked fine again, the lining was fine, and as I knew, was recorded as retroverted. Its measurements are 69 x 36 x 47 mm. My right ovary is 25 x 15 x 16mm and has two follicles. The left ovary.......

Measures 35 x 23 x 27mm and contains 5 - 6 follicles. The left ovary appears to move with the uterine sidewall suggesting some associated adhesions possibility related to the recent ovarian ectopic.

I also have u/s pictures of the left ovary that has 'SCARRING', 'SCARRING, 'SCARRING' marked all over them

My personal opinion is that the infection caused the scarring, and the subsequent ectopic. Not the other way around. (does that make sense?) But you dont see me getting paid 100's of 1000's of dollars for my medical opinion , so I am TRYING to hang out til tuesday before I look too deeply into this.

Next was my Saline hysterosonogram. Not entirely terrible.
I had the duck bill thingy put in, and then she cleaned my cervix with something, I assume betadine. I did not feel the catheter being inserted at all, and was shocked when she said we are now going o fill the uterus with water. Ah, uncomfortable . But not as bad as I had expected. I did, however, take 2 napro's an hour before, as instructed.
So the duckbill came out and the dildocam went back in, and the saline solution kept getting pushed through. My uterus looks fine, measures fine etc etc. And I also have good tubal patency, so will probably avoid a hycosy any time in the near future.

Once they take the catheter out, the saline pours out of you and its gross. I felt like I had wet myself. Every time I move my bum to a different angle, some more squelches out.

I have a bit of spotting. But it is blood streaked CM, not full bleeding. And I was told to expet this.

So now I have to wait until Tuesday before I know whether I can TTC.

I am unsure whether the left ovary adhering to the uterus will need to be fixed? I know its a common thing with endo, and it is not always something that is acted upon. I guess its the Dr's call. My biggest fear is that I will end up with another ovarian ectopic.

I hope I can make it to Tuesday without Dr Google sending me insane.

For all those having a Saline HSG, don't stress, its not too bad.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I have found the constant need to rearrange/upheave my home to be a the second worst side effect of infertility. The first being that whole, pesky "not having a child thing" lol. I hope you get the TTC thumbs up soon. In the meantime, have a martini or two and tell Dr. Google to kiss your ass. Or just turn off your computer. I hae found that the first suggestion works best for me though.