Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3 Weeks and 6 Days Pregnant

Going to bed last night I was totally exhausted. But I just couldn’t fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning and trying to get comfy. Hence I woke up this morning feeling like absolute crap. My temp was 37.1 but I think that I may have been restless in the hours leading up to my alarm time.
I finally got up and first call of duty was to pee on my final HPT. I was very happy to see that it was much darker again. And I hadn’t had any more bleeding / spotting. After that I spent forever just procrastinating in front of the heater, caught up a little in the excitement that was a darker HPT than yesterday.
I went to the Medical Centre and was so pleased to find I had an AWESOME lady running pathology today. She said well why don’t we make these urgent and you can have your results this afternoon!!! Woo Hoo. Then I went and got a decaf coffee – blergh – I’ll just go without I think!!!
During the day at work I was tired on and off and had bouts of nausea throughout the day on and off. I really really want to eat ALL THE TIME, but nothing really appeals to me. I am however, craving meat. I can’t wait to get home and eat my steak!! I am going to have to learn how to cook it well done without burning it. Actually DP is the masterchef at our place; I’ll let him look after it, although I'm sure it goes against some special code to cook a steak well done!!

One of my biggest issues is that while I'm eating I feel good, but as soon as I stop the nausea returns. I thought about gum, but not really a fan, and that would probably just stimulate my saliva and stomach acids more.
I really need to find something that I can graze on during the day that won’t make me put on 25 kilos in the first 6 weeks J Please PM me if you have anu good ideas.

I got my results back this afternoon.....

11 DPO BHCG = 35
13 DPO BHCG = 115

So it more than doubled in 44 hours Mini-milestone 1 completed

Tomorrow I'll be 4 weeks and that will be another little step.

I truely am so excited, but fear is at the core of every emotion I have. I am so so scared that this will be taken away from us again. And I know that there is nothing I can do to change that fate. I'm eating right, looking after myself and doing all the things needed to facilitate a healthy and sustaiable pregnancy. There is nothing else I can do. If things go south this time, I think there will be a massive gap until we ever TTC again. DP just couldn't handle another loss.

But, we're being positive. This time, we're going to get a real live baby at the end!!!

No comments: