Thursday, September 18, 2008

Are we there yet?

Last night before I jumped into bed I noticed that I was spotting. I whipped out the giant mother of all pads and tried to prepare myself for what, inevitably, awaited me.
* On a side note, I find it slighty amusing that I've only worn maternity pads after my miscarriages
Once in bed dp asked how I was. I told him I'd started spotting and was very very nervous. I even felt nauseas at what was going to happen. I had tried for over a week and a half to emotionally prepare for what lay ahead for me. As I haven't miscarried naturally before, I have a sneaking suspicion that I will, in no way, have prepared myself adequately for what is yet to happen.
I slept through the night quite well, only waking to the discomfort of trying to sleep with something the size of a pillow in my undies. Made even worse by the fact that I had pyjamas on and was nearly strangling myself. I usually sleep starkers, or if AF is around, just in pyjama bottoms. But because I have no idea how my body will deal with this, I've been sleeping in full on jammies incase I need to go to hospital at 2am.
When I got up this morning, despite the killer headache, I didn't feel too bad. I tried to keep busy for awhile before I faced the bathroom. Well considering I have a fair whack of HCG still in my body, holding off peeing is not as easy as it sounds.
So I braced myself and checked out my super maxi jumbo pad........NOTHING. Argh come on give me a break.
Jump forward to now adn I've started spotting again. Its minimal. I have apanty liner on 'just incase', not that there is enoguh to actually reach the pad????
So now I'm confused, yet again. Methotrexate injections are followed by bleeding on Day 3 or Day 4. I'm on DAY NINE!!!!!! There is no one left for me to google. Every person I have googled who has had the methotrexate injection for an ectopic has had bleedig long before this. So again, I'm left with nothing but guesses as to what the hell will happen next.
Soooooo if anyone knows ANYONE who has had this treatment and has not responded as per the statistics, please let me know!!!!!
Ok, well I'm going back to sitting around and waiting, waiting, waiting.

No comments: