Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 4 bloods

So I mentioned in a previous post that after a methotrexate injection your HCG levels rise, before they begin to fall. Bearing that in mind, I thought that Saturdays blood test (Day 4) would have seen a drop of a few hundred from my last BHCG of 2700.
Oh how wrong I was, Day 4 BHCG was 2630, it will take forever to come down if this is the way its going to play......
Day 7 bloods tomorrow and I am hoping that they are a hell of a lot more significant than Day 4's.
It was bitterly depressing to find out it had only dropped by 70. But I guess that I will never know the real rate of decrease because I dont know what my BHCG spiked at.
Oh well. I just have to pray that tomorrow will provide a better result.

2 comments:

Ms. Planner said...

Oh sister. I am so sorry to hear how frustrating this is. The waiting sucks when all you want for it is to be done so you can make your next move. Thinking of you and sending some peace across the Pacific O. & Tasman Sea to you.

Geohde said...

I'm sure you already know this stufff, it's the day 4 to day 7 drop that matters rather than the day 0 to day 4 interval numbers.

As long as it drops by at least 15%from day 4 to day 7, things are progressing as satisfactorily as one can expect when going through something this tough.

I am so sorry,

J