Monday, September 15, 2008

'D' day

So 'D' iday is yet to amount to much. I'm a little sore, but no bleeding yet and no major cramping.I stayed up til the early hours watching some 9/11 movies. It pulled me out of my 5hitty mood. I know its something we all know about and were around for, but its not until I watched it all again did I really really think about it.
So today. Today I am thankful for everyone in my life. I am fortunate enough to have not lost anyway through accidents or through malicious acts of hate. Those that I have lost have been due to illness, and were old enough to have had fulfilled lives. So today I think about what I have, not what I have not got.
I can get pregnant. We don't have an issue there. I have a fantstic OB who will use me like a pin cushion til he finds out why we can't stay pregnant.
I live in a time where we have the internet. Which has given me access to so many stories of success, tears, and success. It gives me something to look forward too.
I am always appreciative of the fact that women talk about miscarriage more - perhaps not IRL, but they use the internet as their outlet. It gives hope and also gives me something to relate too. And I truely thank all the women who are brave enough to put their stories out there for the world to see.
I'm thankful that my sister is having a healthy pregnancy, because I would give up my fertility to ensure she never has to feel the way I have felt over the last few months.
My mum, who is an absolute mega-star. Who sleeps in my spare bed when things get tough so she is on hand to take me to the hospital. I love having a nurse for a mum.
My dp, who has gone over and above what I thought he was possibly capable of doing - Mr 6"3, 120kg oooohhhhh I don't like blood . After he has worked 16 hours he will come home and cook me dinner, even though I have barely moved off the lounge all day. He doesn't patronise me, nor try to downplay my emotions. He has sat through internall ultrasounds, a physical internal from my OB, and many many nights of cramping, pain and crying. I couldn't have asked for anything more from him in these past few months.
OK, so there's my appreciative post for today.
Yes, things are 5hit at the moment. But I have everyone I love. I have half the battle won in that I CAN get knocked up.
And my favourite child in the world is curled up next to me on the lounge. She hasn't left my side in months. And I would honestly be lost wothout her. Who else is going to be my hot water bottle at 3am when the real bottle is cold and dp is at work. She'll always be my hairy first born and I can't imagine life without her.
mmmmm if we can't have human babies, we're getting ten more dogs

No comments: