Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Early Pregnancy

When I had my first bloods done I also requested an ealry ultrasound. So armed with my u/s request at 4 weeks, I went about life, as I waited 2 weeks for the scan. I put it off in the hope I would be able to see a heartbeat then.

Life continued as normal, kind of. I was consuming chocolate milk by the bottle and had an aversion to looking at raw chicken. I had no morning sickness, but was constantly tired. Day by day I was getting more and more impressed with my growing cleavage. I was not, however, impressed by the need to go to the toilet every 15 minutes.

It quickly rolled around to my scan date. I drank my 4000 litres of water and dp and I headed off for our scan. We were very fortunate to see a heartbeat at the eary stage of 5 weeks and 5 days. I measured exactly to what my dates were. It was real, it was confirmed. We were going to have a baby.

We again continued on life as normal. My tummy hardened instantly upon becoming pregnant. And by 7 weeks my pants were getting tighter. It appeared I was going to show pretty fast.

My sister and I compared complaints daily, neither of us had morning sickness, but she craved the opposite kind of food I craved.

We only had one person left to tell. DP's eldest sister, she had been out of the country and we wanted to tell her face to face. In retrospect, the baby had already died when we told her at 9 weeks.

I had booked my NT scan and from here all we had to do was wait for the first trimester to pass. I followed the rules, was careful with what I ate, never drank (not much of a drinker anyways), started practising to sleep on my left side, etc.

At 10 weeks we attended a party and everyone commented on how wonderful I looked. My skin was amazing, it was flawless and silky smooth. I wasn't aware that that would be the last function I'd attend as a pregnant woman.

No comments: