Thursday, July 24, 2008

Its all over

After the not finding out my results like I was supposed too, I went back to bed.
After all of about 12 minutes sleep it was 8 am and I could ring the hospital again. They cr@pped on about this and that until I bluntly said what part do you not understand, I just want my HCG results that were promised to me 12 hours ago. So I finally got them. 6500, I knew it was all over, I was 10 weeks and 5 days, there should have been more 00's on the end of that number.
Next task was to book in for U/S confirmation. thankfully they told me to come up straight away and that, although I may have a bit of a wait, they would fit me in as soon as possible. I waited 5 minutes. The sonographer recognised me. He was the man who showed me my baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks and 5 days, and it was now his job to tell me how long ago my baby had died.
8 weeks and 5 days. My body had held onto our angel for 2 weeks. Our little angels heart had only beaten for 3 weeks. I wasn't sad, I was so extremely thankful to have such a wonderful sonographer who did is job professionally as well as having some compassion, a lot more than I can say about the hospital staff.
I phoned the Pregnancy Clinic and advised them that it was all over, I would have been booked in immediately for a d&c but I had drunk too much water for the U/S. I was to be scheduled for the next day.

No comments: