Thursday, July 24, 2008

Testing

So, alot has happened today in my 4 hour mammoth dr's visit. My usual Dr is on holidays so I picked a 'nice' Dr I have seen once before at the same practice. I HIT THE JACKPOT 1st off, I have the slightest amount of RPOC (Retained products of conception) 2mm's worth to be exact. Not going to do another D&E, as he feels the RPOC is so minimal that I will still get my period and it will clear itself up then. (D&C = dilate and curettage = where they scrape it out with a 'spoon' type instrument. D&E = Dilate and evacuation = where they use like a vacuum to suck it out)
2nd, we think that this may have caused an infection in my left ovary. Had massive amounts of continuous pain in my left ovary and I'm kinda over it
3rd, Dr thought it was "a bunch of cr@p" to wait until 3 miscarriages before we did any testing. He said why put someone through that amount of stress and pain when there are so many things we can test for so easily.
4th, off to the pathologist for my TWELVE vial blood collection I am being tested for the following:
FBC - Just to check my levels and make sure everything is in order, will also cover white blood cells to show if I have an infection
HCG - Was down to 29 yesterday so hoping its still getting lower
R-CLA Checking the LUPUS antiphospholipid antibodyLUPUS antianticoagulant antibodies
LFT - Liver function test
Natural Killer Cells
And about 5 other things that I cant remember!!!
So I am VERY happy with my new Dr, who will now be my permanent Dr. Have to wait 3 daysfor the results, but at least something is happening. I thought I would have to fight for some form of testing, but much to my surprise he brought up most of the tests with me just throwing in the LFT. Also sent of MSU, but strip test showed no blood, no protein etc etc. So all in all a very productive, if not very LONG day at the Dr's.
However, no sexy time til after my period, due to the RPOC. DP is crushed (in a light hearted fun way, he's not an a$$), and asked if he can get his virginity back the way a woman can.
But at least we are moving forward in a positive direction.
__________________

No comments: