Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spotting

At 10 weeks and 5 days dp and I were cooking dinner. I need to go to the toilet, yet again, and was shocked to find the tiniest amount of brown blood when I wiped.

Now I used to be a nurse, and I do not buy into the concept of brown blood equals old blood and, therefore, nothing to worry about. I was almost 11 weeks pregnant and I had not had any spotting throughout my pregnancy.

I calmly went back to dp in the kitchen and told him I was beginning the bleed. I rang around and was unable to get into any medical centre at 7.30pm. It was becoming apparent that I would have to go to the ED if I wanted any answers.

As dp does shift work, I called a friend and asked her to come with me, on the promise that I would call dp if I got any news or I needed him.

We headed off to hospital at about 8:00pm.

No comments: