Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're Pregnant

I found out I was pregnant on the Thursday the 8th of May.
I had a coffee in the afternoon and it made me feel sick, I love my coffee and thought that was extremely strange.
I had done a HPT the two days previous - 13 & 14 dpo -with FMU (first morning urine), for no reason other than that I had some tests lying around the bathroom. They were both negative. I
After going and getting another 2 pack of HPT's I took the first one on 15 dpo at 9.30pm (definitely not FMU). The test line came up before the control line even came up. I was pregnant!!! WOO HOO

My partner and I had been trying for a few months, however, with so much on in April and May, we'd barely had time to even think about TTC (let alone doing anything that could actually get me pregnant), so it came as a pleasant surprise.

I went and had a blood test to check my HCG and also had the pre-natal blood screening. My HCG was just over 450 and the ante-natal screening came back all clear.

My partner and I decided not to tell anyone until 12 weeks, my closest girlfriend was the only one who knew.

We carried on the next couple of weeks as normal, I had no morning sickness, I was just extremely tired.

My sister rang me from overseas 2 weeks after I had found out. She had news, she was pregnant. I responded by blurting out that I was too. It was fantastic and we were both so excited that we would be going through this journey together. She was a couple of weeks behind me, and we were going to have the first grandkids and great-grandchildren within weeks of each other. With such fantastic news, we decided to tell our families.

Naturally our families were ecstatic, especially my mother. Her dream was finally coming true, she'd been waiting for grandchildren ever since her children grew up. It was a great time for us and the excitement and anticipation, unfortunately, ended all to soon.

No comments: